- April 3, 2020
- Posted by: Syed Shujaat
- Category: Uncategorized
You can use following methods to uninstall TM from your machine.
Please place the Zip extracted (CUT.exe) to C:\ drive of the machine from you want to uninstall the WorryFree. Please run it through the command line.
Command-line : CUT.exe -noinstall (point the command line executable directory to c:\ or path folder where the is residing)
To uninstall the Client/Server Security Agent, do the following:
- On the target machine, close all browser applications.
- Open a command prompt window.
- For 32-bit OS: Go to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\ directory. For 64-bit OS: Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent\ directory.
- Type the following command: ntrmv -980223
Trend Micro has also supplied a registry edit that can be found at this link. Manually uninstalling the Client/Server Security Agent
- Open the Registry Editor. Note that you should always create a backup before modifying the registry as incorrect registry changes may cause serious issues.
- Do one of the following:
- For a 32-bit operating system, go to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc” registry hive.
- For a 64-bit operating system, go to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc” registry hive.
- Look for the registry DWORD “Allow Uninstall”.
- If this is present, edit the DWORD and change the value from “0” to “1”.
- If this is not present, create the string as follows.
- Right click the “Misc.” folder and select “New > DWORD” value.
- Create the registry name “Allow Uninstall”.
- Double click the new entry and change the value from “0” to “1”.
- Click “OK”.
- You should now be able to uninstall the program without getting any prompt for a password.