Security and reliability
Exchange Online helps protect your information with advanced capabilities.
- Anti-malware and anti-spam filtering protect mailboxes.
- Data loss prevention capabilities prevent users from mistakenly sending sensitive information to unauthorized people.
- Globally redundant servers, premier disaster recovery capabilities, and a team of security experts monitoring
- Exchange Online around the clock safeguard your data.
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially-backed service level agreement, you can count on your email always being up and running.
Each user gets 50 GB of mailbox storage and can send messages up to 25 MB in size.
Users can connect supported versions of Outlook to Exchange Online, so they can use the rich client application they already know.
For web-client access, Outlook Web App provides a premium browser-based experience that matches the look and feel of the full Outlook client.
Mobile access is available from all phones that can receive email, including Windows Phone, iPhone®, Android, and Blackberry devices.
Shared calendar and contacts
Users can compare calendars to schedule meetings and can access collaboration features, including shared calendars, groups, the global address list, external contacts, tasks, conference rooms, and delegation capabilities.
Apps for Outlook
Users can spend less time switching between apps with an extension model that allows third-party web applications easy plug-in access for both Outlook and Outlook Web App.
Every mailbox is protected with premier anti-malware and anti-spam protection via Exchange Online Protection.
Take advantage of unlimited storage (50 GB of storage in the user’s primary mailbox, plus unlimited storage in the user’s In-Place Archive).
Stay in control
Maintain control over your environment while gaining the advantage of hosting your email on Hosted servers.
- Manage your organization efficiently with the Exchange admin center, an easy-to-use, web-based interface.
- Run In-Place eDiscovery across Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync data from a single interface through the eDiscovery Center.
- With mobile device policies, you can create approved mobile device lists, enforce PIN lock,
- Remove confidential company data from lost phones.
- IT-level phone support is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It’s easier than ever to provide your users with the business email they need to stay productive.
- Automatic patching eliminates the time and effort of maintaining your system.
- Give your users an In-Place Archive, so they can keep all their important data in one place.
- Provide them with anywhere access to email, calendar, and contacts on all major browsers and across devices.
- Integration with Outlook means they’ll enjoy a rich, familiar email experience with offline access.
Take advantage of hosted Unified Messaging services that provide call answering, a dial-in user interface, and company automated attendant capabilities.
Data loss prevention (DLP)
Control sensitive business data with built-in DLP policies based on regulatory standards such as PII and PCI, which help to identify, monitor, and protect sensitive data through deep content analysis.
Reduce inbox clutter by automatically moving old messages to an In-Place Archive.
Use In-Place Hold to preserve deleted and edited mailbox items from users’ primary mailboxes and In-Place Archives.