- August 5, 2015
- Posted by: Syed Shujaat
- Category: Desktop Solutions
Acrobat: PDF Printer missing Windows 7 64 bit
If you have installed Adobe Acrobat on a Windows 64-bit OS, you may notice that the Adobe PDF printer has not been installed. During the installation you may have received an error similar to the following:
Please note that the Adobe PDF Printer functionality to create PDF files is only available with Adobe Acrobat (paid version), and not with Adobe Reader (free version).
Repair the Acrobat installation using the option in the Help menu.
Uninstall and then re-install Acrobat on your Windows OS.
Manually install the PDF Printer
- Click Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers
- Select Add a printer
- Select Add a local printer
- Check Use an existing port and select Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop down. Click Next
- Click the Have Disk… button
- Click the Browse… button
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF
- Select AdobePDF.inf from the list if using Acrobat Pro, or AdobePDFstd.inf if using Acrobat Std, then click theOK button
- You will see many Adobe PDF Converters in the list, however count six down from the top and click Next (you may need to try this numerous times to find the correct Converter from the list that works with your version of Windows)
- Name your printer, e.g. Adobe PDF
- Follow the rest of the prompts and your PDF printer should now be installed correctly